Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Is one of the most common neuro-developmental disorders of Childhood. Usually happens in children and teens and can last in adulthood. It appears more likely in boys than girls.
According to an estimate, 8.4% of children have ADHD in US.
ADHD causes trouble paying attention, controlling impulsive behaviors, often act without knowing the result will be, and hyperactive.
Children with ADHD show these Symptoms –
• Don’t like activity require sitting still
• Doesn’t listen and pay attention
• Forgets about daily activity
• Doesn’t sit at one place remain moving such as running, Climbing on things
• Talks excessively
Causes Of ADHD
• Neurological Chemicals
• Brain changes
• Poor nutrition
• Drinking during pregnancy
• In brain injury or damage can cause brain disorder damage to the frontal lobe of the brain may result to fail controlling impulses and emotions.
ADHD, the School-Aged Children And E-Teachers Special Online School
As teachers and school staff can play a vital role to fight ADHD by providing information to parents and doctors to help evaluate behavior and learning needs.
E-Teachers Special Online School has team of consultants specialized in teaching special needs children and therapies, who assess the students’ learning needs and help enhancing their learning skills. Although school staff can’t diagnose ADHD, it is done by the team Educational Psychologists who work closely with the teachers to design Personalized Learning Programs.